Saturday, June 16, 2012

Birthday Card Using The Paper Shelter Digi Stamp, Sketches By Carly and Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge

Hi you wonderful followers and readers!  I am so excited as I just created my first card using a digi stamp!!! I know I am really behind the times; but I was having trouble with coloring them.  They just didn't look right.  I was lucky this time I was able to use a colored digi stamp from The Paper Shelter Challenge.  What a great idea!!  It is gorgeous and just in time to create a birthday card for my adorable granddaughter who will be turning 12 this month.  I can't wait to see what she thinks of this card!!  Thanks Paper Shelter for such an adorable digi stamp and for providing them with color.  Check out  The Paper Shelter website for a great selection of digi stamps and other products as well.

I used the sketch from Sketches by Carly; which I think is fantastic!! Carly is only 13 yrs old and she creates some of the most wonderful sketches.  I am in awe of her talent.  Thanks Carly for another great sketch!! 

I created this card based on the inspiring card creation by the talented Kathy Winter at Sketches By Carly blog.  Kathy is one of the DT members.  I already had an idea what I wanted to create; but it wasn't coming together until I saw the scalloped square and the cute butterfly she used.  I tried several different kinds of butterflies; but none of them were quite as cute as the type she used.  Thanks Kathy for the great inspiration.


I love these colors together.  It may be hard to see; but the paper has polka dots and stripes of lavender, pink and several shades of green with vine leaf designs on it.  I used my Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge for the two borders at the top,the scalloped square and the butterfly.  There are over 700 images on this cartridge.  Buying this cartridge is the best investment I have ever made.  It makes creating so easy and so much more fun.


Supplies used for this card are:

Base - 6 1/2 x 5 white card base
All shapes are from Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge
Green Solid paper - S.e.i Couture  (Top border and butterfly)
Green Stripe paper - K & Company Jubilee Designer Paper
Lavender polka dot paper - DCWV - Fresh Floral Stack
Pink Card Stock - DCWV The Textured Brights Card stock
Ribbon - Offray
Bling - Lg white pearls - want2scrap.com
Bling - Little pearls on butterfly - CTMH Bitty Opaques Pearl (Z1707)
Foam Tape - Tombow 3D Foam Tabs


I am entering this card in the following challenges:

The Paper Shelter Challenge - Challenge #68 - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly Challenge - 3 - 2 - 1: 3 large pearls, 2 squares, 1 bow
Lexi's Creations - Happy Birthday (Little girl eating birthday cake; sentiment will be inside.)
Make It Monday - MIM #93 - Anything Goes
Inspire Me Fridays - #63 - Anything Goes
Raise The Bar - Challenge #107 - Hello Summer
Sketches By Carly - Sketch #58 - The Paper Shelter
Clearly Inspired  - Challenge #53 - Fruity (Cake has strawberries on top.)
2 Sisters Challenge - Challenge #96 - Plaids & Stripes
The Crafter's Cafe Challenge  - Challenge #5 - Pearls & Swirls (Butterfly has both)
Crafty Calendar Challenge - Flowers In Bloom
Di's Digi Designs - Spotty & Dotty
Our Daily Bread Designs -  Challenge 112 - Summer
Send A Smile For Kids - Birthday Fun For Kids
Sweet Stampin - Summer Fun


Thank you for stopping by my blog and for the wonderful comments from my readers.  I appreciate your wonderful compliments and kind words.  It is important to comment on creations from all the hard working crafters out there.  We are truly blessed with having such great exposure to people all over the world who share their creations to inspire us. 

Thank you to all the people who put themselves out there by entering their creations in the challenges so we can all see their beauty and their talent.  Have a wonderful, fun, joyful day!  Remember - Keep On Creating!!  If it makes your heart sing like it does mine; then it is necessary to our lives to create. 

43 comments:

  1. Lovely card thank you for sharing it with us at Sweet Stampin'~ this week, good luck. Debbiexx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie for the compliment and for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. Have a great day!!

      Delete
  2. Great card! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter, good luck and hope you'll join us again.
    Hugs
    Tracey
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment Tracey and for dropping by my blog and leaving a comment. Have a terrific day!!

      Delete
  3. Cute card, lovely image and fab little butterly. The papers you used are quite pretty too. Thanks for linking up over at Make It Monday this week
    Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
    Sandy DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate the lovely compliments Sandy. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Have a great day!!

      Delete
  4. This so cute! I just love your image...just too adorable. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Crafter's Cafe Challenge Blog!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chana for the compliment. I appreciate you dropping by my blog and leaving a comment. Have a terrific day!!

      Delete
  5. Great take on our 321 challenge at Papertake Weekly - Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jane. I appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment. Have a super day!!

      Delete
  6. What a sweet birthday card for a child! Any girl would love to receive this! Thanks for sharing it with us at Send a Smile 4 Kids, and hope to see you back again soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate the compliment Karen. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Have a wonderful day!!

      Delete
  7. Hi Gloria - I love your card and it's perfect for a very girlie 12 year old! Great colour combo (I'm loving the hot pink and lime green together!) and it's such a sweet image. Thanks for joining Lexi's Creations "Happy Birthday" challenge this time. Helen x (DT)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen for the lovely compliments. I appreciate you visiting my blog and leaving a comment. Have a super day!!

      Delete
  8. This is adorable! Wonderful colors and take on the sketch! Welcome to the world of digis!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pat. Now if I can learn to color the ones I own. I really enjoyed using one that was colored. I appreciate you dropping by my blog and leaving a comment. Have a fantastic day!

      Delete
  9. Just beautiful, Gloria! Love the sweet image you used and the colors are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate the compliment Stephanie. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Have a terrific day!!

      Delete
  10. Thanks Debs for the compliment and for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Have a super day!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too cute!! Perfect take on the sketch. Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!!
    blessings,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chris for the lovely compliment! I appreciate you stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Have a wonderful day!!

      Delete
  12. That's so very pretty! Thank you so much for your sweet comment. You have a new follower ;) I would love to have some as well ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the lovely compliment Vicky!! I love your blog and am a follower of yours as well. Hopefully others will follow you after viewing this comment. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Have a fantastic day!!

      Delete
  13. What a Beautiful,Lovely card!!Lovely Digi image..so cute!TFS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the lovely compliment! My first time to use a digi image and it was so much fun. Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Have a wonderful day!!

      Delete
  14. OH my goodness Gloria, this is ADORABLE!! *Ü* Love your pretty colors, and your butterfly is GORGEOUS! Bet ya didn't know, Kathy is my real life sister (Carly's aunt) *Ü* She will be thrilled to see her card inspired you. Thanks so much for using Carly's sketch!! Hugs, Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the wonderful compliment and for your support Kris. I have had so much encouragement and support from you and the team. It might have been months or years before I used a digi stamp and thanks to Sketches by Carly and you - I used one and loved it!! I am now hooked. I appreciate you stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Have a fantastic day!!

      Delete
  15. Terrific card Gloria! I'm happy that I inspired you to create such an awesome card..thanks so much =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy for the lovely compliment!! I had so much fun making this card. Thanks for the inspiration and for your support. I appreciate you stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. It means a lot to me. Have a super day Kathy!!

      Delete
  16. gorgeous, cute and very summery! :)

    Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week,

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the compliment and for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Have a super day!!

      Delete
  17. Hello Gloria,

    great card! Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Calendar Challenge and good luck!

    Hugs

    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment Claudia and for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. Have a wonderful day!!

      Delete
  18. Awh such a sweet card. thanks for joining us at Di's digi designs challenge. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Crafty Rose for the lovely compliment. I appreciate you stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Have a super day!!

      Delete
  19. I love the purple/green combo and your image with the butterflies is just the sweetest, cute card! Thanks so much for joining us this week @ SAS 4 Kids in our "Birthday Fun" challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the lovely compliment and for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Have a terrific day!!

      Delete
  20. co delicate.. good luck with your challenge entry and thanks for joining us at Di's Digi Downloads hugs Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment Jess. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by my blog and leaving a comment. Have a wonderful day!!

      Delete
  21. This is so sweet! LOVE IT! Thanks for playing with us this month at The Crafter's Cafe Challenge Blog! Best of luck in the drawing!
    Hugs,
    Karen C (TCCCB DT)
    busybusyhoneybee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the wonderful compliment Karen. I appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment. Have a terrific day!!

      Delete
  22. These bold colors are just scrumptious. Love the green and the purples together and the butterfly is wonderful. Thanks for joining us at SAS4Kids

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your compliments Shelby. Thanks for visiting my blog and for leaving a comment. Have an awesome day!!

      Delete

Hi to all you wonderful bloggers!! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate your comments and support. I would love to have you as a member. Thanks so much. Hope you enjoy my blog. Gloria