Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Card #3 for Virtual Card Club

Hello readers, bloggers and creators!!! I hope you are having a wonderful day!!  I am excited because I finished my last two cards for my card club.  I can't wait to share them with you.  I have been watching DVDs for techniques and for different types of cards; so I decided to make a tri-fold card.  I got the idea for the layers of this tri-fold from another consultant friend of mine, Dawn Montagano.  She used a butterfly on the front of her card; so I decided it should work for a male card using the tree.  I love this tree and the butterflies. 


I used the beautiful Pemberley Paper from the "Workshops On The Go - Pemberley"; which features one of my favorite stamp sets.  (I used the stamp set on my Mother's Day card - check older posts.) This paper can be used for both male and female.  There is also a floral paper in this packet.  I found out it is harder to create cards for males than for females. I only used one butterfly so this could be used as a card for a male.  The inside could be stamped with butterflies, parts of the tree, hearts, or anything else with a message. I left it empty so it could be used for male or female.  This is double-sided paper and is heavy like card stock.  Cuts very nicely with my Cricut.  I used my Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge to cut the different shapes used on this card.



The 4th card will be coming soon and then I will provide a picture for all 4 cards together; so you can get a better idea of what is included with the Virtual Card Club for the first month.  The 4th card is one of the cards from the Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge; which has 100 cards featured on it.  I will be using at least one a month in the Virtual Card Club.
Don't forget June is buy 2 get 1 free stamp sets.  Take advantage of this sale!! It only happens once in a while.  I was told it was 2 years ago since the last one.  CTMH stamp sets are high quality stamps and stamp very clear and easy to read.  I love them; which is one of the reasons I joined this wonderful company.  I purchased the Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge and fell in love with it, the stamp sets and the company. 

Supplies used to create this card:
Card base - 5 1/2 x 8 1/2  - Using CTMH Indian Corn Blue Card Stock
Paper: CTMH Workshops On The Go - Pemberley; also comes in a paper packet
Card stock under printed paper is CTMH Desert Sand 
Card stock for tree stamp; sentiment and inside is CTMH Colonial White
Stamp Set - CTMH "A Tree" A1124
Ink - CTMH Chocolate for tree trunk; leaves of tree are CTMH Olive; sentiment is CTMH Indian Corn Blue; and edges of colonia white I used CTMH Desert Sand ink.
Foam Tape - CTMH 3-D Foam Tape
Adhesive - Tombow Adhesive

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

Make It Monday - MIM #93 - Anything Goes
ATC's With Cards and Attitudes - Anything Goes/Father's Day
Fresh Brewed - Challenge 100 - Anything Goes
Just Keep On Creating - Challenge #2 - Anything Goes and Travel Stories
My Mums Craft Shop Challenges - Challenge #61 - Clean and Simple
The Sisterhood of Crafters - Going in Circles
Simply Create Too - Challenge #15 - Happy Father's Day or for a male
The Pink Elephant - TPE 52 - Masculine
Jellypark Friends - Boy Crazy
Digi Designs - Let's See Some Male Inspired Creations
My Sheri Crafts - Challenge #87 - Father's Day (Any masculine card will do)
Crazy 4 Challenges - C4C 140 - Circles, Circles, Circles
Fussy and Fancy - Challenge #64 - Swirls and Flourishes (Mine are in the tree.)


I am so happy you stopped by today and hope you enjoyed my card.  I appreciate any comments you leave and will answer each one as quickly as I can.  Take the time to visit my other creations and hopefully you will be inspired by something on my blog.  I love creating and enjoy teaching others how to create too. 

I joined CTMH shortly after I started this blog after purchasing the Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge.  It has over 700 great images on it and is so versatile!!  I know you will enjoy it too.  Please check out my card club as it will be featuring many images and cards from this great Cricut cartridge.  Have a wonderful day and don't forget - Keep On Creating!!

31 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Gloria..I really need to get into cardmaking :) Thank you so much for the blog award :) I will post it on my blog as soon as I have a moment :) That is so sweet and kind of you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment Cathy. I am glad you liked it. I really appreciate all the help you gave me in the beginning when I was so new and didn't know anything at all about blogging. Even though you were new too - you still took the time to help me. Thanks a million for that. I love your blog and the inspiration you provide. Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment.

      Delete
  2. This is fabulous! I just love all the fancy fold cards and yours if perfect for that masculine touch! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘GOING IN CIRCLES’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Darlene. What a lovely compliment. I appreciate you stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Have a great day!!

      Delete
  3. This is beautiful!!! I love the image and how you popped the tree top. I also love that it is a gate fold card. Makes it even more special and shows off that gorgeous patterned paper.

    Thank you for playing along in FBD's 100th challenge celebration! Winners will be announced the following Wednesday. *DON'T FORGET* we have a fun blog hop planned for this weekend too :)
    Hope to see you there.

    Big smiles,
    Heather D.
    www.freshbreweddesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Heather for the lovely compliments and for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. It is appreciated. Have a wonderful day!!

      Delete
  4. Gloria I love this tree. Beautiful. You will find almost endless resources on www.splitcoaststampers.com Just click on their resources link top right hand corner of the page. There are so many you will have a hard time doing them all!

    Saw this on MIM.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kasey. I appreciate the compliment and the information. I have used that site before and you are right, it is endless. I love the Internet. It has so much to offer us that you can never learn it all. Thanks for stopping by my blog again and leaving a comment. Have a fantastic day!!

      Delete
  5. Hi Gloria, love the card i saw on mim! the image is so lovely and great layout!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jules for the lovely compliment and for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Please take a look at my other entries on MIM #175 and #176. If you let me know what number you are; I will look you up. Have a super day!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful card - great fold x
    Thanks for playing along with us at jellypark friends Friday challenge & good luck x
    ((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suzie for the compliment!! I appreciate you stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Have a wonderful day!!

      Delete
  7. Gloria: Great entry into our Challenge #15 - "Happy Father's Day [or for a Male]" Challenge. I had fun visiting, commenting and looking around on your blog. A big thank you for joining in at Simply Create Too.

    Diane
    Simply CreateTooDesign Team Member
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Diane for the lovely compliments. I appreciate you stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I am glad you enjoyed my blog. Stop by anytime. Have an awesome day!!

      Delete
  8. What a fabulous masculine card, love the tree image! Thanks so much for playing at DI'S DIGI DESIGNS this time!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Audrey for the compliment and for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Have a wonderful day!!

      Delete
  9. I just love your wonderful card. Gate fold cards are just so much fun! Beautiful! I am your latest follower!
    Hugs,
    Marie XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marie for the lovely compliment. I appreciate you stopping by my blog and leaving a comment and for becoming a follower. Have a great day!!

      Delete
  10. Beautiful gate fold card Gloria, Gorgeous tree image.. just perfect! Thank you for sharing at Fussy & Fancy.. May x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you May for the compliment! I appreciate you dropping by my blog and leaving a comment. Have a fun day!!

      Delete
  11. Yes love gate fold cards ..and I dont make them enough .Love the paper you used and the tree image .Inspirational .
    Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Shirley-anne for the great compliment. Haven't heard from you lately. Hope you are doing well. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Have a wonderful day!!

      Delete
  12. HI

    Wonderful card, this is such a great fold. The tree image is beautiful as the main focal point of this card.

    Thank you for sharing with us at make It Monday this week.

    Michelle :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle for the lovely compliment and for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate it very much. Have an awesome day!!

      Delete
  13. Great project! Thanks for joining in with Fussy and Fancy!

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Danielle for the compliment and for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Have a fantastic day!!

      Delete
  14. Absolutely stunning card, love the colours, very pretty, thanks for joining our CAS challenge at MMCS, hope to see you again soon, Gaynor DT xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gaynor for the compliment and for dropping by my blog and leaving a comment. Have a terrific day!!

      Delete
  15. that tree is AWESOME! wonderful card. thank you for joining us at fresh brewed designs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vanessa. I appreciate the compliment and for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Have a great day!!

      Delete
  16. such a lovely card, I love the tree image and the way the leaves stand out.

    Thanks so much for sharing your creation at Anything goes, Just keep on creating, I hope you will continue to play along. Sorry about the the delay in leaving my comment I have been overseas and then got sick, I will be announcing the winners and will have the next challenge by 01/09 :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi to all you wonderful bloggers!! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate your comments and support. I would love to have you as a member. Thanks so much. Hope you enjoy my blog. Gloria