Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Thank You Cards Using Lucy Paper Packet and Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge

I created two Thank You cards using Lucy Paper Packet and Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge.  I  created this same card several months ago using some paper I had lying around; but I wanted to see what it would look like using CTMH Lucy.  I find it much easier to create the different borders with the Art Philosophy cartridge and I love all the flowers available on this cartridge.  The flower is also from the Lucy paper; but doesn't really show well in this picture.  I used a stamp set that is only available to CTMH consultants; but you can find "Thank You" sentiment on "4 My Friend" D1510 and also on "Card Word Puzzle" C1494.  Remember - Buy 2 get 1 free for the month of June. 


 
My lighting wasn't very good when I took the picture above; but it was the best I could do at the time.  I created two with the same pattern but with different pages of the Lucy paper packet.  Here is the second card.  I like to keep extra Thank You cards around the house because I seem to use them quite often.  I love these colors.  I used two of the 1 inch borders from the Cricut AP cart for the inside with another stamp.  I used both of these before I could get this blog posted.  I guess I will start making more Thank You cards. 


Supplies I used for these two cards:

Card stock base - CTMH Colonial White - cut at 5 1/2 x 4 1/4
Cardstock for flower layer - CTMH Blush
Stamp set - Can find Thank You on "4 My Friend" D1510 and also "Card Word Puzzle" C1494
Ribbon - Celebrate It (1st card) Offray (2nd card)
Ink - CTMH Cotton Candy for sentiment and inside and outside edging
Adhesive - Tombow Adhesive

I am entering these cards in the following challenges:

Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes
Lollypop Crafts - Challenge #83 - Flowers in Bloom
Make It Monday - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp and Show - Anything Goes
The Ribbon Girl - Use Ribbon or Lace
Stampalot Challenge - Bingo - First card has purple, ribbon and pink.


I hope you enjoyed these two cards.  It is always amazing to me that you can create the same style with different pages of the same paper packet and end up with two very different looking cards.  I did use the same green border in the middle and on the inside as well.  It went so well together and I love the Lucy Paper Packet.  It also comes in "Workshops To Go - Lucy".  Thanks for stopping by my blog.  Comments are welcome here.  Have a fabulous day!!  Remember - Keep On Creating!!

17 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I appreciate you stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Have a great day!!

      Delete
  2. They are both simply beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Stamaplot.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pinky for the compliment and for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Have a wonderful day!!

      Delete
  3. Lovely CAS cards Gloria. Very pretty colours. Thanks for your comments on my blog. I've answered your question below. Happy for you to email me. kasey.in.oz@gmail.com if you need more. I saw these on MIM.

    You asked for some tips in your comment on my blog, the paper for Digi stamps will depend on the colouring medium you wish to use. I use copic markers so I use Xpress It blending cardstock and Momento Ink. I guess you would need to do some research on the internet for what you wish to do. Watercolouring, Alcohol Markers, chalks etc, the possibilities are endless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the compliment and for the information. I have a few copic markers that I will try. I have researched on the Internet; but haven't really found much about what to print digi's on for coloring. I did find a tutorial for copic markers with Whimsy Stamps; so will try that. I appreciate you taking the time to answer me. Have a lovely day Kasey.

      Delete
  4. wow such a pretty card Gloria love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jules for the compliment. I appreciate you stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Have an awesome day!!

      Delete
  5. Two really pretty cards Gloria.

    Thanks you so much for joining in our Bingo theme at Stampalot Challenge this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate the compliment Brenda and the great challenges. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Have a great day!!

      Delete
  6. I appreciate your compliment Francesca. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Have a terrific day!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...both cards are sweet. Love the beautiful soft color and CAS style.
    Thank you for joining us at MIM this week.

    Please remember leave a comment for another entry to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such lovely compliments Meihsia. I appreciate you dropping by my blog and leaving a comment. Have a super day!!

      Delete
  8. Just lovely! Thanks for joining Craft Your Passion this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the compliment Cathy and for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. Have a wonderful day!!

      Delete
  9. A fabulous pair of cards! Simple but elegant.Thanks for joining in the bingo fun at stampalot this month and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sally for the lovely compliment and for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Have a great day!!

      Delete

Hi to all you wonderful bloggers!! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate your comments and support. I would love to have you as a member. Thanks so much. Hope you enjoy my blog. Gloria