Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Family Scrapbook Pages - Daugher's albums

I finally finished my daughter's scrapbook albums.  I created one for her childhood and one for her family; which features her husband and her four adorable children.  I had a great time creating these pages and wanted to share some of them with you.  I had to wait until I gave her the albums; as it was a surprise.  I gave them to her over the Memorial weekend and was able to show them to my two son's and their families as well as several family members.  Everyone had a great time looking at photo's from their childhood. 

I usually create one page layouts; but I created a two page layout for my daughter's family scrapbook.  I love using beautiful pages as a background and creating around the pictures on the pages.  I hope you enjoy them as much as I did. Here are the pictures of the individual pages. I think it is easier to see with them separated.  The last picture is with both pages together.

Double click on the pictures for a closer view.


I used my Cricut Cartridges to create the words. I also used punches for the butterflies and the tags were punches and Cricut. I added bling to the butterflies. The picture in the upper right hand corner of the page below is one from several years ago of all 8 of my grandchildren. They are so precious to me.   


Some of the pictures aren't as clear as I wanted them to be; but they were from scans to my computer. Many of the pictures I had from my children's childhood were before digital cameras; so they were taken with film and developed. I scanned them into my computer and printed pictures from those. It took five months to make these two books. Now I have to get started on my two son's scrapbooks. They are adults with their own families now. I wish I had known about scrapbooking when my children were younger and I could have created a few pages at a time instead of after they were grown with families. It would have been easier collecting the pictures, etc. I have had to do a lot of waiting for pictures of the grandchildren before I could start these two albums.


Words are from different Cricut cartridges.  You can look them up on my blog - right hand side near the bottom.  Just type in image or words you are looking for and it tells you which cartridges have that particular item you are looking for.


Supplies I used for creating these two scrapbooking pages are:

Paper - K & Company; Best of Paper Pad by Susan Winget (Joann's)
Butterfly punch - Martha Stewart (Michaels)
Glitter card stock - Core couture; coredinations.com; Joann's
Tags - Some were from EK; 3 in 1 punch and some from Cricut cartridges
Bling - http://www.want2scrap.com
Adhesive - Tombow adhesive
3D foam

I am entering these scrapbook pages in the following challenges:

Use Your Stuff - 4 or more photos
The Corrosive Challenge - Challenge #151 - Feeling Punchy
Quirky Crafts - Challenge 12 2012 - Up Up and Away (The Sky's the Limit)
Emergency Crafters - Butterflies, Birds or Anything With Wings 
Moving Along With The Times - Anything But A Card
Scrap It Girl - Punches, Punches, Punches
Paper Weekly Challenge - 3-2-1 (3 words together, two bling on each butterfly (also two lg butterflies), and Cherish is one word.)
Craft Your Passion - Challenge 114 - Anything Goes
Cheerful Stamp Pad - Challenge #45 - In The Garden (Not sure if stamping is required.)
Simon Says Stamp and Show - Anything Goes (Not sure if stamping is required.)
Pile It On - Let's Get Outdoors (I love to see how many challenges I can do each time I create!!)
The Squirrel and The Fox - Winter or Summer (Butterflies in the summer!!)
Crazy For Challenges - C4C 139 - Add some Butterflies
Make It Monday - MIM #93 - Anything Goes


Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!! This is my first entry for scrapbook pages.  I had so much fun creating them and was excited when I found out there are challenges for these too.  I appreciate everyone who takes the time to create challenges for all of us bloggers.  It is so much fun!!  I love any comments you have and will reply to all of them.  Remember To Keep On Creating!!  Have a terrific day!!


28 comments:

  1. Great layout & a real gaqrden theme! Tahnks for joining us at the Cheerful Stamp Pad this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon for the great compliment!! I appreciate you stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Have a super day!!

      Delete
  2. Great layout, just love the colours & the embellishments are perfect!

    Thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate the compliment Shell. I was nervous about entering my scrapbook pages in the challenges as they are so much more personal than cards. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Have a wonderful day!!

      Delete
  3. Fabulous layouts. Love your colors and embellishments.
    Thanks for joining Craft Your Passion.
    Hugs Berit - GDT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Berit for the lovely compliment. I appreciate you stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Have a great day!!

      Delete
  4. Wonderful layouts & what a lovely heartfelt gift! I'm sure your daughter loved the books! The butterflies are so pretty! Thanks for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge! :)
    {hugs}
    Regan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Regan for the lovely compliment!! I was nervous about sharing my scrapbook pages as they are very personal; but am glad I did. I love doing this and like the bright bold background for my creations rather than the more professional look. I appreciate you stopping by and leaving a comment. Have a super day!!

      Delete
  5. Your scrapbook layouts are very pretty. I like how clean and crisp they are. Your little die cut butterflies that are scattered on both pages are a really nice touch. Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Candy for the lovely compliments. It means so much to me. I wasn't sure about sharing personal pages like this online; but decided to take a chance. I appreciate you stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Have a nice day!!

      Delete
  6. Love all the beautiful butterflies that you used on your layout - the colors are gorgeous. Thanks so very much for sharing your creativity with us at the Pile it On challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth for the great compliments!! I appreciate you taking time to drop by my blog and leave a comment. Have a fabulous day!!

      Delete
  7. Beautiful pages.Love the rich colours and butterflies to compliment them.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa for the compliment and for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Have a super day!!

      Delete
  8. Love the different colour blocks behind photos and the top leaves on second page .
    I can see that this was a labor of love !
    Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shirley-anne for the lovely compliments. Yes - it took a lot of time; but it was worth it. I appreciate you dropping by my blog and leaving a comment. Have a super day!!

      Delete
  9. OH my, what a beautiful, thoughtful gift.
    Your Daughter will cherish this.

    Thank you for sharing with us at make It Monday this week.

    Michelle :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Michelle for the great compliment. I had a great time creating these pages. Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Have a lovely day!!

      Delete
    2. I love those pages...all of them! Thanks so much for joining us at Quirky Crafts Challenge Blog

      Delete
    3. Thanks Caro for the lovely compliment and for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Have a wonderful day!!

      Delete
  10. I love multiphoto layouts and yours is great.
    Thanks for playing along with the Use Your Stuff Challenge. I hope we get t see more of your projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment Barbara. I appreciate you visiting my blog and leaving a comment. Have a great day!!

      Delete
  11. Wow. such great pages. Your daughter is so lucky, these will be heirlooms for a long time to come. I really love your colors and all the die cuts, especially the butterflies. Thanks for joining us at the Corrosive Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the wonderful compliments Kathy. I appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment. Sorry I am so late in responding. I didn't see it until now. Have a wonderful day!!!

      Delete
  12. Beautiful work, and I know that your daughter will cherish the album that you created for her! Thanks for entering Scrap-It-Girl's June Punch Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becky for a lovely compliment and for stopping by my blog to leave me a comment. Have a super day!!

      Delete
  13. Thank you for entering the Scrap It Girl "Use Your Punches" Design Challenge. Your entry is very sweet -- you are a family gal! For more crafty inspiration follow my FB Page: www.facebook.com/mothershipscrapbookgal
    xoxo, Rina Gonzales, Scrap It Girl Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate the compliment Rina. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I will check out your facebook page. Have a wonderful day!!

      Delete

Hi to all you wonderful bloggers!! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate your comments and support. I would love to have you as a member. Thanks so much. Hope you enjoy my blog. Gloria