Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Husband Card using CTMH Hawthorn Cardmaking Stamp & Thin Cuts (retired)

Hello Friends!  How are you?  It is summer and already hot here in Southern CA.  I tried to ride my bicycle yesterday and I started having trouble breathing; so I had to come home.  It was only 75 degrees outside at the time.  I have had trouble with breathing issues since I was in nursing school when I was in my 20's.  It is frustrating not being able to do things the things I want/need to do.  I need exercise; as I have gained a lot of weight during the Pandemic.  I hope you are able to get out and enjoy the summer/spring/fall/winter; whichever one it is in your area.  

I decided to create a several cards for males a couple weeks ago; which is one of the reasons I decided I would not create anything else until I got my craft room cleaned up and everything put away.  LOL!  This card is for my husband.  I have two that I made for his Father's Day card; but now I am not sure which one to use this year.  LOL!  

I am still trying to learn how to do stenciling.  I see so many awesome cards in the crafting world; but mine don't look as good as I would like.  I wanted this truck to look antique; but not sure if I achieved that.  I am a perfectionist; even though I try to overcome it all the time.  LOL!

 

CTMH Husband Card


Close Up View




Inside Card




Supplies used to create this card:

Dies & Stencil
Truck, Route 66 - CTMH Hawthorn Cardmaking Stamp & Thin Cuts Z3545 (retired)
Inside frame - My Favorite Things Stitched Rectangle Stax Set (smaller)
Stencil - Tim Holtz Diamonds

Paper - Strip under truck - X9032 Mix In (Sept-Oct) (retired)
Paper - Strip under road - X9007 Mix In (retired)
Cardstock - CTMH White Daisy, Glacier 
Ink - CTMH Glacier, Heather (retired)
Sequins - CTMH I Heart Us Z4270 (retired)
Sentiment outside - CTMH Hawthorn Cardmaking Stamp & Thin Cuts Z3545 (retired)
Sentiment inside - CTMH Pemberley Workshop C1491 (You Mean The World To Me) (retired)




I am entering this card in the following challenges:

613 Avenue Create - ATG w/option (4 of 8) (Sunday)
A Gem Of A Challenge - ATG (3 of 3) (Saturday)
Allsorts Challenge - Anything Goes (1 of 3)
   Creative Fingers Challenge Blog - ATG (2 of 3) (Friday)
         DL.ART Linky Challenge - Anything Goes (2 per day) (Thursday)
Word Art Wednesday Challenge - ATG (4 of 10)  (Wednesday)
Cardz 4 Guys - Father's Day (3 of 3) (Tuesday)
Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge - ATG (4 of 5) (Monday) 
Simon Says Stamp Challenge - Bright and Cheerful (4 of 5)
          A Perfect Time To Craft - Anything Goes (No limit)  (Other Date)
Only $5 with a $50 order or
Free with a VIP $50 order

S2206 - I Heart Summer 




CTMH Artwork





See CTMH Specials on the right side bar

Thank you visiting my blog.  I hope you enjoy my creations.  I appreciate all of you.  Be sure to check out my tabs at the top of the page for my videos, tutorials, clubs, specials and  more. Call, text, Facebook message or email me with any questions you might have.


Remember - Keep On Creating!!
It's Good For Your Health!!


19 comments:

  1. Your stencilling looks good to me and it's a perfect background for your truck. Love the colours you used. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been unusually Hot and Humid here in Florida. We're used to the Summer Heat but the humidity has made it quite miserable. You've created a very handsome masculine card. Thanks for sharing your lovely project with us at The Paper Funday Challenge.
    Donna
    The Paper Funday Challenge
    The Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stenciling is wonderful - it looks so nice when it fades out on the edges. Great color match as well. Thank you for joining the stamped image challenge at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautifully designed card with these gorgeous colors and love the stenciling! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great masculine card. I love the colors. Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. Love to see you join in each month.
    ~ Diane CT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love everything about this card. The background is perfect.
    Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge at Through The Craft Room Door. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs Sheryl xx
    TTCRD DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these soft yet masculine colors...creative!! Thanks for another great entry in our Father's Day challenge over at C4G!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the masking you did to give the card another dimension, thank you for joining us at C4G

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely card Gloria. Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. Love to see you join in each month.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm back wearing a different DT Hat to say Thanks for sharing your lovely project with us at Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge! We appreciate everyone's entries.
    Donna
    Admin for Jan's Digi Stamps Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your stenciling looks great and is the perfect background for your vintage truck. Thanks for joining in at Cardz4Guyz Father's Day challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet masculine card. Your pretty colors are great. I think you did a great job on your stenciling too : ) Thanks so much for joining us at Jan's Digital Stamps Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Es un trabajo precioso!!
    Gracias por unirte a The Corrosive Challenge (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The 50's teal, the vintage truck and the classic Route 66 is perfect for a masculine creation, Gloria! Thank you for sharing your handsome card with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. I look forward to seeing you again soon. Good Luck and Happy Crafting!
    Hugs,
    Jan
    (Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great masculine card. I love it. Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. Love to see you join in each month.
    ~ Deanna CT

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the aesthetic of this card; the colors are so pretty! Thanks for sharing with us at Digi Choosday, and good luck! :)
    ~Marie B -DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the muted tones and the beautiful design. It's brilliant. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4guyz. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your men's card and the light blue! Thanks for sharing at polkadoodles digichoosday! Christin

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great card - love your background.

    Thanks for joining us at the Cute as a Button Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete

Hi to all you wonderful bloggers!! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate your comments and support. I would love to have you as a member. Thanks so much. Hope you enjoy my blog. Gloria