Monday, May 11, 2020

Sympathy Card Using CTMH Sweet Hummingbirds Stamp & Thin Cuts

Hello Friends!  I hope you are doing well.  This is such a difficult time for everyone.  I know there is so much going on, not only in the US; but also in the world.  Protests, violence, people getting upset and impatient; wanting to get out of the house and get back to normal.  For those wondering, mine and my husband's Coronavirus test were both negative.  I am so grateful for that.  

I am not sure what our new normal will be; but I really wish people would calm down.  It is stressful knowing that there are many people out their purposely violating the rules/laws that are trying to keep us safe.  I never knew there were so many selfish people in our country.  I guess it's times like this; when the worst side of people come out on display.  It is a very sad situation.

There are so many lies, conspiracy theories and stuff going on right now.  It is a very scary place.  I am glad we have crafting to keep us sane.  Maybe those protesters need a hobby.  I don't understand why people want to start rumors and share videos that are not true, just to get people all riled up against the government.  It has never made sense to me before; and it still doesn't make sense.

I have been trying to create some new cards with our gorgeous new CTMH products.  I am in love with this CTMH "Sweet Hummingbird Stamp & Thin Cuts.  It is such a gorgeous set.  I have been having so much fun with just stamping, that I haven't even taken time to cut any of the Hummingbirds out yet.  

I made this card for a friend, who lost her father-in-law this past few days.  It is very sad when family/friends pass on; but it seems to be worse right now; since no one can even have a funeral.  



This card is much prettier in person.

 Inside of Card



Supplies used to create this card:

Dies
Frame front - Spellbinder's Diamond Effect S5-192



Hummingbird and flowersCTMH "Sweet Hummingbird Stamp & Thin Cuts
Cardstock - CTMH White Daisy, Black
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, CTMH Black
Sentiment outside and inside - CTMH With Heartfelt Sympathy D1919
Shine on Bird and flower - CTMH Clear Shimmer Brush
Black Dots - CTMH Cats & Bat Dots Z4028 (retired)






I am entering this card in the following challenges:


613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes w/option (5 of 8)  (Sunday)
A Gem Of A Challenge - ATG (1 of 3) (Saturday)
Allsorts - ATG (1 of 3)
Crafty Catz Challenge Blog - Anything Goes (3 of 3)  (Friday)
  QKR Stampede - Anything Goes (2 of 3)
 Polkadoodles - Anything Goes (2 of 3) 
  DL.Art Linky Challenge - Anything Goes (1 per day)   (Thursday)
Simon Says Challenge Blog - Use Dies and/or Punches (4 of 5)  (Wednesday)
Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes (4 of 5 - 5 per wk) 
Arty Divas Challenge - ATG  (1 of 5) (Tuesday)
Unicorn Challenge Blog - Use Dies (No limit)
Crafting Happiness Challenges - ATG/Nature (No limit) (Monday)
Get Creative Challenges - Make It Sparkly (Shimmer brush used on bird and flower) (2 of 3)
Jan's Digi Stamps - Anything Goes (2 of 5)
A Bit More Time To Craft - Anything Goes (No limit) (Other Date)
A Perfect Time To Craft - Anything Goes (No limit)
Classic Design Team Challenge Blog - Anything Goes (No limit)
Crafty Hazelnuts Patterned Paper Challenge - Anything Goes (No limit)
Love To Craft - Anything Goes (5 of 5)
Not Just Cards Challenge - Anything Goes (1 of 5)   



CTMH May Stamp Of The Month
S2005 Time To Celebrate
Only $5 with a $50 order or $18.95 alone


CTMH Artwork for May SOTM









Choose one or both of our Craft With Heart Programs
We have one for Scrapbooking and one for Cardmaking
Delivered to your home.



Craft With Heart Scrapbooking program sample



Craft With Heart Cardmaking Sample






See CTMH Specials on the side bars 

Thank you visiting my blog.  I hope you enjoy my creations.  I appreciate all of you.  Be sure to check out my tabs at the top of the page for my videos, tutorials, clubs, specials and  more. You can earn FREE products by joining my Rewards club.  Call, text, Facebook message or email me with any questions you might have.


Remember - Keep On Creating!!
It's Good For Your Health!!



10 comments:

  1. A Beautiful card, love the monochrome colours. It is such a sad time, especially with no one or a limited number (depending on Country) able to attend the funeral. Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at QKR Stampede this week. Good Luck and looking forward to see you again in our next challenge.

    Faith QKR Stampede DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clean and simple - and absolutely stunning!!! It just doesn't get any prettier than this. I LOVE your card so much!! It's a beauty - inside and out!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Jan's Digi Stamp Challenge too.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a very elegant creation in striking colours, thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG how stunning is that! So elegant, I LOVE it!
    Take care and stay safe! Hugs from the artic

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look wonderful, thank you for joining us at Allsorts, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable cards!!! Thanks so much for participating in Crafty Catz challenge. Hope to se you next week too. Have a happy crafty week and good luck in the d

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely project! Thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts and joining in our Anything goes-challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card!
    Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Arty Divas this week. Looking forward to seeing you again next challenge.

    Hugs, Zowie xx

    Arty Divas DT

    Crafts from the Fairy Den {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply wonderful card, lovingly created!!
    So glad you shared with us at 613 Avenue Create for the challenge! Good Luck!

    ¸ • .. ')) -: |:-. •'. • ')) * ((¸¸. •' .. • '
    Hugs ~ DT Shell 💕

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gloria, What a unique Black & White creation! Very Clean... Thank you for sharing your Monochromatic creation with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge! HAPPY CRAFTING! Stay Safe and Healthy...
    Hugs,
    Jan
    (Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

    ReplyDelete

Hi to all you wonderful bloggers!! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate your comments and support. I would love to have you as a member. Thanks so much. Hope you enjoy my blog. Gloria