Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Life is tough - Masculine Card

Hello Friends!   I hope everyone is doing well and staying warm.  Although, some of us are staying too warm.  The weather is so crazy in US right now with cold freezing weather and snow on the East coast and hot weather on the West coast.  

I created a one layer card for a friend of mine who is going through a really rough time.  I would appreciate prayers for Jason, for those of you who are willing to pray for him.  He really needs all the prayers and support he can get right now.  At times like this, I feel so helpless.  It is hard to be in a situation where you cannot help a friend; but I always turn to prayer when that happens.

I would also like to ask for prayers for my 15 yr. old grandson, Jayden.  He is a really good kid; but was living in an apartment where there were a lot of rough kids and he got into some trouble.  He is the only boy they are going after for something he was bullied into doing. 

He has to go to court sometime in the next month or two; and was required to have an attorney; so that doesn't sound too good.  He lives in FL and they are very tough on everyone in that state.  He needs to learn to make better decisions going forward.  He has been a diabetic since 4 yrs. old and has always had trouble fitting in at school.  He is bullied and made fun of all the time.  I am not making excuses for him; but it explains his behavior of following the leader and wanting to be part of a group.

Here is the card I created.  I watched a video from Jackie Bolhuis; which is where I got the idea.  Here is the link to her video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMEryedtKTE&feature=youtu.be.


CTMH Life Is Tough Card
Using CTMH products



Inside Card


Supplies used to create this card:

Card base - CTMH White cards and envelopes value pack - X254
Circle die used - CTMH Basic Circles
Trees - Stamped with CTMH Frosted Cardmaking Workshop D1562 (retired).
Deer - CTMH Reindeer Crossing December Stamp of the Month S1912; available in December 2019.
Sentiments outside and inside - CTMH Sunshine On A Cloudy Day B1521 (retired)

Inks used - CTMH Evergreen (trees); Toffee (deer), Carolina and Bluebird for the circle colors, black ink for the sentiments.



I am entering this card in the following challenges:

613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes w/option (4 of 8)  (Sunday)
Crafty Friends Challenge - Anything Goes (1 of 3) (Saturday)
Inkspirational Challenges - One Layer Card (No limit)
 Alphabet Challenge Blog - Q is for Quick and Easy (1 of 3)  (Friday
CAS On Friday - One Layer (1 of 1)
Crafty Catz - Anything Goes (1 of 3)
Pattie's Creations - Anything Goes (1 of 3)
Polkadoodles - Anything Goes (2 of 3)
Scrapper's Delight - Anything Goes (1 of 3)
The Outlawz - Festive Fridays (Anything Goes) (Unlimited)
 DL.Art Linky Challenge - Anything Goes (1 per day)  (Thursday)
Creative Moments - Anything Goes (2 of 3) (Wednesday)
Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes (2 of 5)   
Crafting Sentiments Designs - Anything Goes (1 of 3) (Tuesday)
Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes (1 of 2) 
Incy Wincy Designs - Animals (1 of 5) (Monday)
Jan's Digi Stamps - Anything Goes (1 of 5)
 A Bit More Time To Craft - Anything Goes (No limit) (Other Date)
 Happy Craft Challenge Blog - Anything Goes w/option (No limit) 






Thank you visiting my blog.  I hope you enjoy my creations.  I appreciate all of you.  Be sure to check out my tabs at the top of the page for my videos, tutorials, clubs, specials and  more. You can earn FREE products by joining my Rewards club.  Call, text, Facebook message or email me with any questions you might have.

Remember - Keep On Creating!!
It's Good For Your Health!!

13 comments:

  1. Gloria your card is gorgeous. Love your scene. We are having it COLD and have had lots of snow...wish that I could send you some, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gloria, Thank you for sharing your tranquil scene card with us here at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. Very clean. Good luck in the drawing! Happy Crafting!
    Hugs,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Gloria! Two fantastic cards, both with great sentiments. I find taking a deep breath (or two or three) really does help clear my head, and build a "resolve" in my heart. Beautifully done! So happy I got to see your creation at Jan’s Digi Stamp Challenges . Thanks for the inspiration, and I hope to see more of your designs soon.
    Smiles,
    Donna
    {Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Christmas card and scene Gloria.Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello… Thanks for joining our challenge with your lovely card… Please join us again next time at Crafty Friends. Good luck in the draw!
    Diane Louise [Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautifuil and peaceful..
    Thank you so much for joining in with us at 613 Avenue Create..hope you will play along again..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You created such a pretty scene! This will certainly make anyone going through a difficult know you care! Thank you for playing with us at the Alphabet Challenge and hope you can join us again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It`s a Beautiful Card very Lovely
    Thank You for joining us at the Polkadoodles craft challenge
    Hugs and creativity
    Cinderella https://cinderellasdreamcardsblog.blogspot.com/
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous Xmas themed card! Thank you for sharing your lovely card with us at Polkadoodle.blogspot.com challenge this week; crafty hugs Nelly Dt x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello there, I've just stopped by to say thank you for the very kind comment that you left on my blog recently. In answer to your question... I designed the cards for a company called 'Inkylicious' here in the UK who then had shows on a TV craft channel called Hochanda. Unfortunately, the programmes are only available to watch on catch up for a couple of weeks. They do, however, have a few tutorials of their own on YouTube, so might be worth taking a look on there. I wouldn't say that my cards are perfect by any means and I've had lots that go straight into the bin but I'm happy to say that I think I've now found my own style that I'm comfortable with. If you check out my tutorial page, the one with the Leopard of is probably the best one to look at in terms of how I work through the each stage of my cards, this is generally how I make most of my scenic ones. Practice makes perfect and my advice to you would be to practice on copy paper as it doesn't cost too much and if it goes into the bin it's not the end of the world. I hope this information helps and I wish you lots of happy crafting x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stay strong for you are the strength of your friend and your grandson. My son also went through a lot as a kid, being bullied and wanting to be a part of something. Somehow, a parent's love is not enough anymore to feel a child secured in this world. We went through a lot with him, too. I just did not give up on him. My own thougt on this is if I give up on my own son, who else will be there for him. He is very lucky to have you around. My son grew up without an active grandparent figure, not because they don't want to, but because of distance. They live overseas. On a side note, thank you for sharing your creation with us @ Incy Wincy Designs Animals Challenge. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely card. Thank you for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge. Sian (DT).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Delightful Gloria. Thank you for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge :) Lynda DT

    ReplyDelete

Hi to all you wonderful bloggers!! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate your comments and support. I would love to have you as a member. Thanks so much. Hope you enjoy my blog. Gloria