Sunday, December 9, 2018

Birthday Card For My Friend

Hello friends!   Isn't this weather crazy!  We are having a lot of rain now in Southern CA; which we needed more back when we had all those horrible fires.  I am grateful for the rain; but worried about the burned areas having mud slides.  I hope everyone is doing well.  I wrote this on Thursday; but forgot to post it.  LOL!

I can't get warm for some reason.  It's a good thing I live where it is warmer.  It is in the 50's here with rain; which makes it feel colder; but I actually had to use the heat the last few days; more today than other days.  I feel for people who live in the colder climates.  My body can't handle it anymore since I got older.  LOL!  I am not old yet; but sometimes my body feels like it.    

I purchased the Crafters Companion monthly Subscription boxes through HSN a few months ago; and haven't really taken the time to work with very many of  them.  I did create with the Quilling flowers - Box 5; which I love.  This card was created using December, Box 7.  I enjoy the videos and learning new things.  Sara Davies does a great job in teaching us things I have never tried.  They aren't complicated; but new to me.  There is so much to learn in the crafting world and I can't get enough of it.  LOL!  

Here is the first card I created using the supplies in December Box 7.  I almost didn't get it; because I didn't think there was much to learn with cutting circles; but I was wrong.  LOL!  

I apologize for the strange shape of the card on the photo; but I tried 3 times and used sticky dots inside; and still got uneven edges.  It looks like a wave.  It is a white 5 x 7 straight edge card.  LOL!  Also, I made a lot of mistakes on this one; but that is how we learn, right?  I am sure my friend Cheryl will enjoy the card, even if it isn't perfect.  

This card has an extra inside piece which has been cut to show through the front window.  See the 3rd photo to better understand it.


Inside Card


This card has an extra inside layer to add more color to the card; and to make it more elegant.  


Supplies used to create this card:

Crafters Companion Monthly Subscription Box No. 7 includes card bases, envelopes, paper, stamp sets, dies, embellishments, die cuts which are stickers and pearls.  This box includes 8 dies.

Ink - Memento Black; CTMH Blossom
Copics used - RV13, RV21, RV23, G43



I am entering this card in the following challenges:

613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes w/option (3 of 8) (Sunday)
Lil Patch Of Crafty Friends - Anything Goes (3 of 3)
A Gem of A Challenge - Anything Goes (1 of 3) (Saturday)
Catch The Bug - Anything Goes (1 of 3) 
Colour Crazy Challenge - Anything Goes (1 of 2) (Friday)
   Crafty Catz - Anything Goes/option (2 of 3) 
Creative Fingers - Anything Goes (1 of 3)
Jo's Scrap Shack - Anything Goes (2 of 3) 
Polkadoodles - Anything Goes (1 of 2) 
The Outlawz - Festive Fridays (Anything Goes) (2 of 3)
DL.Art Linky Challenge - Anything Goes (1 per day)   (Thursday)
The Paper Shelter - Birthdays/Celebration (1 of 3) (Wednesday)
   Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes (2 of 5)  
Digi Choosday - Anything Goes (1 of 2)  (Tuesday)
Dragonfly Dreams - Anything Goes (1 of 3) (Monday)
Scrapbook Stamp Society Challenge Blog - Anything Goes/Christmas (3 of 3) 
2 Crafty Critter Crazies - Anything Goes w/critter (1 of 5) (Other Date)
A Bit More Time To Craft - Anything Goes (No limit)
Craft's Galore Encore Challenge Blog - Anything Goes (No limit) 
  Creatalicious Challenges - Anything Goes w/option (No limit) 
Love To Craft - Anything Goes (3 of 5)

  


Only $5 with $50 order
Or Order for $17.95 with no order
CTMH Dec. Stamp of the month - Candy Cane Alphabet S1812

CTMH Artwork using 
December Candy Cane Alphabet - S1812







CTMH Christmas Blessings Card Kit
Purchase as a kit, with or without the stamp set
We have a tutorial for this workshop.  It should be attached to your order after purchase. 







I would love for you to join my group.  
A place to share ideas, creations and more.

I have a new Facebook VIP Group and would love to have you join me.  Just click on the bold words and click Join.   Can't wait to see you there.  I also have discounted CTMH stamp sets there as well. Check under Photos.



Thank you visiting my blog.  I hope you enjoy my creations.  I appreciate all of you.  Be sure to check out my tabs at the top of the page for my videos, tutorials, clubs, specials and  more. You can earn FREE products by joining my Rewards club.  Call, text, Facebook message or email me with any questions you might have.

Remember - Keep On Creating!!
It's Good For Your Health!!

18 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty card inside and out. Thank you for playing along at Polkadoodles Crafting https://polkadoodle.blogspot.com/, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Such a lovely design inside and out
    Thanks for joining us at Digi Choosday
    Julie T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Gloria, I live in the UK and hate winter with a passion. I am very definitely a hot weather person as don't like being cold at all.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've certainly created a very lovely, delicate and elegant card, Gloria! I love the pinks and the fabulous design. Hugs. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So adorable !! Thanks so much for participating in our CREATALICIOUS challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!!
    Claudia - DT
    My blog [https://1pandaideiascriativas.blogspot.com/]

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful design Gloria. I love the window and stunning flowers, not to mention that beautiful pink! Just lovely! Thanks so much for sharing your card with us at The Paper Shelter
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty!! Love all the pink and the fun winter opening! Thanks for playing with Jo's Scrap Shack.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, so feminine and pretty, such a lovely design and colour choice. Thank you for joining us at Catch the Bug this week.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card, love the image and fabulous layout the colouring is stunning.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful card and thank you for sharing at Crafty Catz this week hope to see you joining us again for the next challenge

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is amazing!, love the colors. Thank you for play with us in Polkadoodles anything goes challenge.

    ReplyDelete

  12. This has come together beautifully! Love this entry, thank you for sharing with Creatalicious. Good luck and we all hope to see you and your creations again! Jackie DT member.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A very pretty card, just love it. Thank you for sharing your beautiful make with us over at Polkadoodles Challenge and hope you will join us again.
    Take care,
    Ann-Marie (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful birthday card. I love the flora and butterfles. Thanks for joining us at the paper shelter for our 8th birthday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful!! Love this card!! Thanks for joining us in our TPS-bloghop! Hug Lena

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautiful card thanks for playing along at the Scrapbook Stamp Society and good luck gr monique DT member

    ReplyDelete
  17. A lovely card!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes with optional use a stencil” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

    (DT Crafty Friends)

    (DT The Sketchy Challenges)

    (DT Simply Create Too)


    PS: Sorry for the late comment, life had been very busy these past weeks…

    ReplyDelete
  18. so beautiful Gloria


    Bedankt voor het meedoen bij
    {ScrapbookStampSociety DT Member}
    Succes en hopelijk tot de volgende keer..

    Groetjes Karin DT coördinator

    ReplyDelete

Hi to all you wonderful bloggers!! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate your comments and support. I would love to have you as a member. Thanks so much. Hope you enjoy my blog. Gloria