Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Birthday Card Using Ching-Chou Kuik Moon Journey

Hello friends.  I have been having fun coloring; trying to take my mind off of all my aches and pains.  LOL!  It works most of the time.  I get lost in coloring an image; so much that I lose track of time; and forget to eat or drink anything.  I think it is a healthy addiction; up until I don't eat.  I have a hard time stopping once I start something.

I used a fabulous image called Ching-Chou Kuik Moon Journey.  I have been wanting to use this digi ever since I first saw it; but was afraid to try coloring it.  I see so many wonderful cards out there; that I feel my coloring just isn't there yet.  I thought this one turned out really pretty; and not bad for the coloring.  I guess I will get better and better the more I do it.  I love coloring all the pretty different colors of hair.  I was stuck on blond; so now I am stuck on pink, blue and purple.  LOL!  It took me a long time to get comfortable coloring with these colors.  I tried many times; and just couldn't get it to look right.  I think I am getting better with those colors now.  I hope you enjoy my creation.

Sentiment - Whimsy Stamps Magical Mini Letter Seals 


Inside Card



Supplies used to create this card:

Dies
Frame outside - Whimsy Stamps Fancy Circle Die
Shells - Cricut Disney Best of Pixar, Cricut Life Is a Beach, Cricut Create A Critter
Frame inside - Spellbinders Decorative Labels Thirty Four

Paper - Hot Off The Press
Blue Cardstock - Colorbok
Lavender cardstock - S-E-I
Image - Ching-Chou Kuik Moon Journey
Sentiment Outside - Whimsy Stamps Magical Mini Letter Seals (10231)
Sentiment Inside - CTMH Card Chatter Birthday D1475
Ribbon - Really Reasonable Ribbon - Grape
Bling - Recollections
Ink - Sky, Lagoon

Markers 
Skin - E0000, E000, E00
Hair - B000, B00, BG01
Moon - V15
Mermaid - V01, V12, V15
Butterflies - BG01, V01, V15
Eyes - BG01


I am entering this in the following challenges:
As You Like It Challenge - Fav Alcohol Markers (Copic/blend well) (3 of 3) (Thursday)
Crafting With An Attitude - Freestyle/Fantasy (3 of 3)
DL.Art Thankful Thursday Challenge - Anything Goes (1 a day)
Sassy Studio Designs - Your Favorite Color Combo (One fav -Purple/teal) (No limit)
Scrap & Craft Challenge - Ribbon/Twine (1 of 3)
Art By Miran - Anything Goes (3 of 3) (Friday)
Crafty Catz - It's A Girl Thing (3 of 3)
Creative Fingers - Anything Goes (3 of 3)
Digitally Sweet - Anything Goes (3 of 3)
Kitty Bee Designs - Fairytale/Fantasy (2 of 2)
Sister Act Card Challenge - Anything Goes (No limit)
Catch The Bug - Bingo (Scallop, Texture (Ribbon), Bling (No limit) (Saturday)
Hiding In My Craft Room - Freestyle (2 of 3)
My Sheri Crafts - Girly Card (No limit)
Suzy Bee's Bloomin Challenge - Anything Goes w/diecut or punch (No limit)
One Sweet Challenge - Spring Has Sprung  (Butterflies are Spring) (2 of 3)
Scribble and Scrap - Anything Goes (2 of 3) (Sunday)
Addicted To Stamps - Girly/Not Pink  (Lav/Purple) (No limit)
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes w/option diamonds (2 of 3)
Come and Get It - Things Starting With B/Butterflies/Blue (1 of 3)
Eclectic Ellapu - Out of Your Comfort Zone (No limit)
One Stitch At A Time - Daughters/Girly (No limit)
Artistic Inspirations - Anything w/Spring (Butterflies) (No limit) (Monday)
House Of Cards - Butterflies &/or color combo (No limit)
Love To Scrap - Anything Goes (1 of 3)
Not Just Cards - Anything Goes (No limit)
Card and Scrap - Use layers (No limit) (Other Date)
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper - Patterned paper (No limit)
Ladybug Crafts - Anything Goes (3 of 3)
Sisters of Craft - Anything Goes (1 of 3)
Your Scrapbook Place - Anything Goes (3 of 3)



April Stamp Of The Month
Only $5.00 with a $50 purchase





Thank you for stopping by my blog for a visit.  I hope you enjoy my creations.  I appreciate all of you.  Be sure to check out my tabs at the top of the page for my videos, tutorials, clubs, specials and more.   You can earn FREE products by joining one of my clubs.  You earn back most of my commission with FREE CTMH products.  Call, text or email me with any questions you might have.


Remember - Keep On Creating!! 
It's Good For Your Health!!


33 comments:

  1. Lovely card so pretty love the colours, Thanks for joining in with our challenge at As You Like It,
    hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card. I love the purple and blue. Thank you for joining the challenge at Creative Fingers and at Digitally Sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper April challenge with your delightful crafting - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! That image is gorgeous, and I love all the design elements you added-thanks for joining us at Kitty Bee Designs Fantasy challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely colors and image! Purple is a favorite color of mine. Love how it looks with turquoise!
    Good luck in our bingo challenge at Catch the Bug!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card! great colour and a fabulous design, love it!
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous and beautiful card Gloria fabulous colour's thank you for joining us on this month's challenge 'Under the Sea' over at CCK Digital Stamps Inspiration Challenge Blog
    Dianne x
    CCK DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful. I love the purple and aqua together. Perfect color combo! Thank you for joining us at Sassy Studio Designs and the DTBST challenge this week! HUGS

    Kim
    SSD DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your purple and blue color scheme is so fantastic! Love that inky background and I'd say your coloring skills are really good. Thanks for sharing with us at Eclectic Ellapu this month!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh WOW! this is amazing! LOVE the colours you've used. Thanks for sharing at DTBST. Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card! Love the gorgeous colors together! Wonderful image as well! Thanks for sharing it with us at My Sheri Crafts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This really is so beautiful. Love the colours you have used. Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty!!! Thank you for joining us at Love to Scrap, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another beautiful card! LOVE the colors you used, the fabulous image, and the lovely bow! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Gloria,
    This card is gorgeous! Thought I would stop by and say hi! =)
    Thank you for joining us at House of Cards!
    Lilian
    http://theleafstudio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautifully made and woooww all in purple it is my fav color
    lovely Image and lovely coloring too
    Many thanks for joining us at House of Cards this month,
    Hugs,
    Monika (DT Member)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Faboulous card!!!!!!Thanks for joining us at Love To Scrap!
    Hugs,
    Cristina :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely image and great colors! Thanks for sharing at Crafting with an Attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely gorgeous! WOW! Thanks for playing along this week on the HIMCR blog!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your colour palette on this card is beautiful and so effective! Thanks for playing Bingo this week with us at Bugaboo Stamps. I am holding thumbs tat your card comes up a winner in the draw. Please join us again soon.
    Love
    Jen Leeflang
    Bugaboo DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card. Great colours. Thank you for joining us at Not Just Cards this week. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely card thanks for joining us at Artistic Inspirations. Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  23. A lovely card!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "things that start with B” challenge over at Come and Get it & good luck in the draw.
    Hope to see you again in our next challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)
    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)
    (DT Come and Get It)
    (GDT Kreativzeit Challenges)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful card. Love the image and the colour combination. Thank you for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create this week and hope you see you back soon.
    Cheers, Aurora

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wonderful colouring on that image and a gorgeous card. Thank you for joining us at OSAAT #235.

    IKE x

    OSAAT DT

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful Card.. FAB coloring and Beautiful Color combination.. But I do find some pink on your card..!
    Thank you for joining us at ATSC! Hugs Sol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lavender; not pink; although I guess that can be considered in the pink color family. It does say "a little bit of pink" is allowed; but not your main color. Sorry. I used all lavenders and purples to create this card. The part that looks pink is lavender. Thanks for the comment. Hugs, Gloria

      Delete
  27. Gloria, what a fantastic card you have made that fits in well with the Ching-Chou Kuik Digital Stamps Inspiration and Challenge Blog Monthly Challenge this month of “under the sea”. Thank you for entering and best wishes in the draw. Kym (Ching-Chou Kuik Digital Stamps Design Team Leader). PS If you would like to be a future Guest Design Team Member please make sure you add “GDT” after your name on your entry for the challenge or write a comment in the comment box. PPS Hope you are feeling a little better. I think crafting is good therapy as I know when things are tough I can "lose" time with my crafting and that can only be a good thing

    ReplyDelete
  28. A gorgeous card with beautiful colours, thanks for joining the Pink Team at Eclectic Ellapu this month. Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very nice card. Love the color scheme. Thanks for playing with us at Your Scrapbook Place.

    ReplyDelete
  30. LURVE your purples and blues a beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Digitally Sweet Challenges, hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful card Hun and thanks for playing at Eclectic Ellapu this month, I hope you come back soon! xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Very pretty... LOVE the colors you used

    Thanks for sharing with My Sheri Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Hi to all you wonderful bloggers!! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate your comments and support. I would love to have you as a member. Thanks so much. Hope you enjoy my blog. Gloria