Monday, July 15, 2013

Inspirational Card Using Cricut Artbooking and Cricut Artiste Cartridges

DT Project For Tammy's Scrapin Corner Challenge #71 - Camping
 
Hi fellow crafters!  I hope everyone is enjoying their summer.  I am already looking forward to vacation in Sept.  LOL!!  I hope it is a little cooler by then.  I have been ordering several of the new items in our CTMH Autumn/Winter Idea Book.  As consultants; we get to order one month before our customers order.  I feel like it is Christmas in July.  LOL!!
 
My favorite item so far is the Cricut Artbooking Cartridge.  It arrived on Thursday and I used it Friday for this card.  I was trying to stick with the theme of camping on the inside as well as the outside; even though I made it into a card of inspiration.  I think camping or being outdoors is very inspirational; so that theme seemed to fit.
 
It is time for Tammy's Scrapin Corner Challenge #71 - Camping.  I hope you will take the time to create something for our camping theme.  Don't forget to check out the DT creations and leave them a loving comment.  They work hard every week to inspire you.  Our sponsor this week is Eureka Stamps.  I love their Digital stamps.  Be sure to click on their name to see their awesome Digis. 

Our Guest Designer this week is Bettina from Norway.  Be sure to click on her name to see more of her wonderful creations.  If you would like to be a Guest Designer; please add GDT behind your name when you enter your card. 
 
I wasn't creating this card for a particular person; but my cards always seem to have a mind of their own while I am creating them.  I realized the next day that this card was for my brother-in-law.  He survived 5 years after his first diagnosis of cancer and now has a new cancer; just diagnosed a couple months ago.  He is undergoing heavy doses of chemo and not feeling as well as he usually does.  I know this has to be hard for both him and my sister; but they seem to be handling it very well.  Plus, he is working full time while having the chemo.  I would appreciate prayers for him from anyone who is willing to pray.  It would mean a lot to me knowing I have some of my fellow crafters praying.  Thanks so much.
 
I used my Cricut Artbooking cartridge for the owl and the mice inside the card.  I thought they were so adorable.  I used Eureka Stamps "Fawn" for my Digi on this card.  I love this Digi and thought it worked well with the theme.  I created another type of Side Step Card but I can't find the link now.  I used a 6 x 9 cardstock with scoring at 1, 2, 3 1/2, 5 and 7 on one side and 4 1/2 in on the opposite side.  I cut it down the middle (3 in on each side) from 1 in to 7 in.  Check out the tutorial page tab above for several side step cards.   I hope you enjoy this card. 
 

 
 Inside of card
 
 
Inside Top Portion
 
 
Inside bottom of card
 
 
 
 

Supplies used to create this card:
 
Tent and campfire die cuts - Cricut Best of 2008
Mouse and owl inside die cuts - Cricut Artbooking
Sentiment die cuts inside - Cricut Artiste
Paper - K & Company - Susan Winget
Card base cardstock - CTMH Goldrush
Cardstock outside - CTMH White Daisy, New England Ivy, Barn Red, Cranberry, Cocoa, Brown Bag
Cardstock inside - CTMH White Daisy, New England Ivy, Crème Brulee, Goldrush and Cocoa
Outside Sentiment and Inside Gratitude sentiment - Lisa at Decosse's Dynamite Doodles
Outside Tree stamp - Inkadinkado
Outside Digital Image -Eureka Stamps "Fawn"
Inside stamped sentiments - CTMH Card Chatter - Sympathy (D1476)
Inside stamped owl and butterfly - CTMH Nature's Delights Petite Perks (W2023)
 
CTMH Markers
Barn Red Light
Olive
New England Ivy
Copic Marker
E31 for the rock
 
Inks - CTMH Barn Red, New England Ivy, Goldrush, Olive
 
 
I am entering this card in the following challenges:


Make It Monday - Anything Goes
Loves Rubberstamps - Use A Hoarded Item (Paper and stamp I used)
Paper Minutes - Anything Goes
Can You Digi It - Summer Smiles
Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
Crafting With Dragonflies - Unusual Fold Card (First creation of this type of step card)
Inklings And Yarns - Anything Goes
Rhedd And Rosie's Challenge Blog - Here Comes Summer
Scrapper's Delights - Summer Brights
Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes
4 Crafty Chicks - 3D Projects
Creative Card Crew - The Great Outdoors
Southern Girls Challenge - No Spoolin 
Sister Act Challenge - Anything Goes
One Stop Craft - Summer Colors
Creative Corner - Anything Goes
Delicious Doodles - All About The Scenery
Inspire Me Fridays - Anything Goes
Sweet Pea Stampers - For The Men and The boys
Crafts And Me - Anything Goes
 DL.Artful Thankful Thursday Challenge - Summer (2 Of 3)
Wags N Whiskers - Summer Fun
Color Me Creative Challenge - Anything Goes
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes (Optional - Birthday)
Addicted To Stamps - Lots of Layers
Dream Valley Challenges - Fancy Folds
Eclectic Ellapu - Flowers
Great Impressions - Anything Goes (3 of 3)
Here Come The Boys - Anything Goes (Card for man)
Joanna Sheen - Citrus Colours
One Stitch At A Time - Must Use Digi
Stempelsonne Challenge - Summer
Path of Positivity Challenge - Caring (Be sure to look inside)
2 Creative Chicks - 3D Projects
A Little Bit Crafty - Die-ing For It
Country View Crafts - Summer Sizzler
 
 
 
 
 
 Cricut Artbooking Collection
Big Savings With Pre-order for Cricut Artbooking Collection
Available August 1, 2013
 
Pre-order yours today and save approx. $23.86 depending on your Taxes.
 
Click here to see Cricut Artbooking Handbook and to preorder your Cricut Artbooking Collection today!!
 

 



New CTMH Consultant Kit
 
Now is a fabulous time to join CTMH for only $49. ($155 in products.)
 
 
 
Look at all the wonderful new products you will receive with our new CTMH Consultant Essentials Kit!  Aren't they beautiful!!  I am so excited about our new products coming August 1st.  If you join now; you will receive a kit with the new Autumn/Winter Idea Book plus many new products before they are released.  Consultants can order them in July for a discount; including the New Cricut Artbooking Collection featured above. 
 
Or - Join with the Master's Kit for only $99 and receive $335 in products.
 
The CTMH Consultant Master's kit has all the Essentials kit shown above plus these additional products for only $99.  $335 in products.
 
 
Now is a great time to join CTMH to purchase for yourself or family/friends; or to sell.  There is no obligation to sell.  See "Join The Fun" Tab at the top for additional Information.  Call or email me if you have questions. 

Join now and start receiving your discount.  Click here  for additional information and to join now.



 
 
Click above to order SOTM.

SOTM only $5 with a purchase of $50 or you can purchase for $17.95 with no other purchase required. 




 
 
 

50% OFF Workshops On The Go Canvas Art Kit

July 2013 Constant Campaign: Work the Workshop


Get the gorgeous Workshops on the Go® canvas art kit for half price in July — no qualifying purchase required! From July 1– July 31 you can get this trendy kit to create your own canvas art to hang in your home, regularly priced at $39.95, now discounted to $19.95 — more than 50% off! Take papercrafting to the next level with this adorable home décor piece that you can display for all to see.

 


Don't forget the Tutorials tab and the Videos Tab at the top for more ideas to create.  Be sure to check out the new Cricut Artbooking Collection available in August.  If you preorder now you receive FREE Shipping, FREE Taxes and FREE Idea book.  It is an incredible deal and I can't wait to use mine to create something.  I just got it Thursday and haven't had much time to use it.  I have both the Cricut Art Philosophy and the Cricut Artiste and use them most of the time on my creations.  This new one has even more things to offer.  Check out my Cricut Artbooking tab at the top for a list of some of the items that are on this cartridge. 

Click here to see July specials.

Click here for information on becoming a CTMH consultant.

Click here for July Stamp of the Month.

Click here for Kit of the Month Club and here for Rewards Club.  You will earn FREE CTMH products with both clubs.  Great way to save money and get what you want for FREE.




Thanks for visiting my blog today.  I am happy you stopped by and appreciate your wonderful comments.  I would love to visit your blogs as well; so please leave me your link when you leave a comment.  I would love to have you visit and click "Likes" on my Facebook page as well.  Have a fabulous week! 
Remember - Keep On Creating!!
It's Good For Your Health!!
 
 

 

38 comments:

  1. Oh wow, this is a stunning side step design. So love the inside with the mice and the owl. Hope its a friendly owl lol.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gloria, so sorry to hear about your brother-in-law. My brother-in law has bowel cancer with complications and is also ungergoing chemo and radio therapy. He is not married and his mother has dementure. Our problem is that my husband is Australian, so his brother is still over there. It is so difficult to give love and support long distance. I love your card you have made him. There is so much to look at! I will add prayers for your family along with ours. Big hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol. I appreciate your response. Your brother-in-law's situation is difficult; especially with him living far away. It is hard when family is far away. Mine live in MO; so it still feels too far. All we can do is pray for them. I will do the same for you and yours. Have a fabulous week! Hugs, Gloria

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for joining Loves Rubberstamps! I am so sorry to hear of the new cancer and hope for the best of wishes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, I've not seen an "inside job" stepper before. Something else to try! Thanks for joining in the fun at Rhedd & Rosies.
    Hugs
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card...Thanks for playing along with us at Joanna Sheen Challenge this fortnight.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this , thanks for the tutorial! And thanks for joining us at The One Stop Craft Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very kewl card. Love the inside as well as the outside. The little fawn is super and those mice inside are so cute.

    Mary Anne, Great Impressions DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful card Gloria. Love the layout and stepping of your card. Thanks for joining in our no spoolin challenge over at the Southern Girls Challenge XOX Tania

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic job on this marvelous card, Gloria! WOW! :-D So happy that you chose to play in our "All About the Scenery" challenge this week at Delicious Doodles and in our "MAscuine" challenge at Sweet Pea Stampers. Good luck.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. So much work has gone into this, it is stunning! Thank you for joining us over at MIM. Hugs Kerry xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for playing our 3D project challenge, great job, love it!

    Leanne DT!
    4 Crafty Chicks

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really great card, sorry to here your news, Thanks for joining us at Here Come the Boys, DT Mandz xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card.
    Thank you for joining us at Scrapper's Delights

    Huggsss, Angelique
    EngelDesignsScrap

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely card you have made. Thanks for taking part in the Sweet Pea Stampers Challenge this month of “for the men/boys” and best of luck. We hope to see you back again very soon. Best wishes, Kym, Sweet Pea Stampers Design Team xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. A wonderful card! A Lovely job!


    Thank you for joining us at 2 Creative Chicks Challenges.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M (my blog)♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sommerfeeling beim Campen. Gefällt mir.
    Vielen Dank für die Teilnahme bei der Stempelsonnenchallenge.
    LG Tina

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful!

    Thanks for joining us at Sweet Pea Stampers.
    Hugs
    Agnieszka

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gloria, I am back with DT jacket on.
    I am deeply sorry to hear about your BIL. May he find the strength to fight this and I am sure with all the family's caring he will be able to cope.
    This is so perfect for our CARING theme this month. Thanks for sharing your talent with us and good luck.
    Caring Hugs
    Desíre
    {Path of Positivity DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Desire. You and Vicki are very lucky to be part of such an awesome DT with the positivity blog. I love Lisa's sentiments and love her blog with all the thought she puts into it. Have a terrific week! Hugs, Gloria

      Delete
  19. Thanks for sharing your lovely card for The Sweet Pea Stampers 'for the men/boys' challenge (sorry I'm late in commenting), Hazel, Design Team x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh wow! Looks like that took some time to create! Thanks for sharing at Sister Act Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful card great folds, colours and images.Thanks for joining us at Crafting with dragonflies on our unusual fold challenge hugs Tania(DT)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello Gloria.. Gorgeous card and image. Popped over from MIM for a look..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous card, very original! Thank you so much for sharing with us at A Little Bit Crafty for our Die-ing For It Challenge! Good luck and hope you can join us for our next challenge on 1st August!! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great card - love all the details you've added.

    Thanks for joining us at Here Come the Boys.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely card. Thanks for sharing this with us at Crafting with Dragonflies for our unusual folds challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great card. I never thought of decorating the inside of a stepper card.

    Thanks for joining in with the Use a Digi challenge at OSAAT this week and good luck! :)

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a great work. I really like the colours and the design is just awsome. Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great project. Always so happy to see everyone having fun in crafting.
    From the 2 Creative Chicks:)
    Tabitha
    The Desire to Create is one of the Deepest Yearnings of the Human Soul.
    Tabitha's Designs Blog
    Low priced fun Digi Papers and stamps:)
    Come join us at Craft Lovin for "Parents Day" Link up a "Parents Day" project and be in line for some great prizes before the 26th:)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great card.

    Thanks for sharing at Dream Valley this time.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hey Gloria,

    First let me say how sorry I am to hear that your B-in-L isn't doing so well. I have said a little prayer for him and his family. Apparently this card needed to be created for him and was born out of your fingertips. I love the care and concern that comes through your post and your card. Imagine my surprise when I also saw two of my sentiments used. I'll be adding your beautiful card to my own personal gallery shortly.

    Thank you so much for joining this month on the Path of Positivity. It is always nice to see your lovely creations and I believe there is another I have to look forward to checking out a bit later.

    May the care and concern that you show others, always come back to you.

    Lisa D., Owner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lisa. I love your sentiments and use them as often as I can. I appreciate you and your positivity blog. It is awesome. I entered two cards this time. I try not to compete against myself; but I loved both cards and wanted to share them with others. Have a fabulous week Lisa. Hugs, Gloria

      http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

      Delete
  31. wow that is really an awesome card for your brother!!! Please know that he will be in my prayers. So sad how many are touched by cancer... Totally love your card and all the details you have pun in it.

    Thanks for joining our monthly challenge here at Path of Positivity challenge. Hope you will join us next time. DT Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Vicky. You are so lucky to be part of such an awesome DT. Have a wonderful week. Hugs, Gloria

      http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

      Delete
  32. This is an amazing fold, I love the steps on the inside! Thanks for joining us at Crafting with Dragonflies!

    lovies, =o) kel
    Dfly DT

    ReplyDelete
  33. A fab card, love what you've done inside to finish it. Thanks for joining in with our challenge this month at Country View Challenges. Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hope I am commenting on the correct post.. Soooo much going on in the same blog post.... -If I am commenting on the correct place..
    Fantastic outdoor card.. Fantastic stamps.. And Great Colors.. Love the shape and Folding! And the paper match so well.. Great Card! :o)

    Thank you for joining us at ATSC! Hugs Sol :o)

    ReplyDelete

Hi to all you wonderful bloggers!! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate your comments and support. I would love to have you as a member. Thanks so much. Hope you enjoy my blog. Gloria