Friday, July 26, 2013

Birthday Card For Male Using CTMH Tommy Paper and Cricut Artbooking Cartridge

Hi to everyone in Blogland.  I hope you are doing well and finding time to create.  It has been very hot here in Southern CA.  I think it is warm in most of the US right now.  I love to be outdoors; but I have to go very early to beat the heat when I want to ride my bicycle.
 
I created a card for my oldest son for his birthday; so I will share it with you today.  I actually created a regular card rather than a side step card.  Can you believe it?  I love creating those side step cards; but they do take me a lot longer to create.  My son and his wife are finishing the last year of their college to begin their adventure as Missionaries to Argentina.  They have one teenage daughter and one teenage son.  I am very proud of him and his family for making such a huge commitment; but also worried about them moving so far from home. 
 
I wanted to combine his birthday with several messages about being proud of him, etc.  It is hard knowing I won't see him or his family for a few years once they leave the US.  They still have at least one year; maybe longer before they leave.  I wish I lived closer to them; so I could enjoy every minute with them before they go. 
 
I hope you enjoy this card using CTMH Tommy Paper and the new Cricut Artbooking Cartridge for the die cuts.  I have created several new videos for creating with the new Cricut Artbooking cartridge; which includes this card on one of them.  Click here to see all my videos.   
 
 
Inside Card Full view 
 
 
 Inside Top Portion
 
 
 Inside Bottom Portion
 
 
 
Supplies used to create this card:
 
Die Cuts - Cricut Artbooking Cartridge
Cardstock - CTMH Honey and CTMH Cranberry
Paper - CTMH Tommy
Outside Sentiments - CTMH Birthday Script (B1208) and CTMH Perfect Day (C1499) both retired
Lighthouse and seagulls - CTMH Perfect Day (C1499)
Inside Sentiments:
Grateful, You mean the world, I love your from CTMH Pemberley Workshop (Retired)
Proud - CTMH Blue Ribbon (C1464)  Still available
Wonderful Day - CTMH Birthday Script (B1208) (Retired)
Ink - CTMH Outdoor Denim on outside and CTMH Cranberry for inside
Bakers Twine - CTMH Paradise Assortment - Z1702
Embroidery Floss in buttons - Z1096 - Retired
Buttons - Slime Line
 
 
 
I am entering this card in the following challenges:
 
Make It Monday - Anything Goes
Sister Act Card Challenge - Anything Goes
Bearly Mine Challenges - Anything Goes
Die Cuttin Divas - Twice Is Nice - 2 sentiments and 2 buttons twice
Papertake Weekly - Die-ing for a punch
Songbird Challenges - My Favorite thing (CTMH Cricut die cuts and CTMH stamps) (1 of 2)
Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes (1 of 2)
Tip Top Tuesday - Spooled Items (Twine) (1 of 3)
Use It Tuesday - What was I thinking?  (Twine, buttons, stamp sets, embroidery thread)
Crafts and Me - Anything Goes (1 of 2)
Crafty Creations Challenges - Summer (1 of 2) Sailing is Summer
Divas By Design - Anything Goes (1 of 2)
Inky Impressions - Birthdays
Paper Shelter - Anything Goes (1 of 2)
Ruby's Rainbow - Layers (I have 4 layers plus 2 layers of foam mounting tape)
Stamp N Doodle - Summer Is Here (Sailing is summer)
Whimsical Designs - Pile It On (I have 4 layers plus 2 layers of foam mounting tape)(1 of 1)
Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes with optional twist
Catered Crop - Summertime (Sailing is summer)
Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything Goes (2 of 3)
Hobbycutz - Summer
One Stitch At A time - Use Your Favorite (CTMH Cricut Die Cuts and CTMH Stamps) (2 of 3)
Penny Black and More - Punches and Dies
Scrappy Frogs - Red, White and Blue (Denim Blue.  I also have honey/gold on mine.)
C...Is For Challenge - Summer (Sailing is summer)(1 of 1)
Get Inky - Christmas in July and Birthdays
Whoopsi Daisy - Use 2 or more die cuts
 
Last Chance - Special Ends July 31st
Cricut Artbooking Collection
Big Savings With Pre-order for Cricut Artbooking Collection
Available August 1, 2013
 
Pre-order yours today and save approx. $23.86 depending on your Taxes. Plus - CTMH is giving you the August Stamp of the Month free!  Retail value of $17.95.  That means it is only $94 with Free Shipping, Free Taxes, Free SOTM and Free Idea Book!! 
 
Click here to see Cricut Artbooking Handbook and to Preorder your Cricut Artbooking Collection today!!
 

Be sure to check out my new Cricut Artbooking Video series on my You Tube Channel
 
 
Last few days for the July Stamp Of The Month
Click above to order SOTM.
SOTM only $5 with a purchase of $50 or you can purchase for $17.95 with no other purchase required. 



 
 
Don't forget the Tutorials tab and the Videos Tab at the top for more ideas to create.  Be sure to check out the new Cricut Artbooking Collection available in August.  If you preorder now you receive FREE Shipping, FREE Taxes and FREE Idea book.  It is an incredible deal and so worth the money.  I just got mine on Thursday and this is the first card I have created with it.  I have both the Cricut Art Philosophy and the Cricut Artiste and use them most of the time on my creations.  This new one has even more things to offer.  Check out my Cricut Artbooking tab at the top for a list of some of the items that are on this cartridge.  Click here to see July specials.

Click here for information on becoming a CTMH consultant.

Click here for July Stamp of the Month.

Click here for Kit of the Month Club and here for Rewards Club.  You will earn FREE CTMH products with both clubs.  Great way to save money and get what you want for FREE.

Don't forget to check out all of my You Tube Channel Videos that I have created.

 
 
Thanks for visiting my blog today.  I appreciate all of your wonderful compliments and words of encouragement.  I would love to visit your blogs as well; so please leave me your link when you leave a comment.  I would love to have you visit my Facebook page  and click "Likes".

Call or email me with any questions.  Have a fabulous week! 
 
 
Remember - Keep On Creating!!
It's Good For Your Health!!
 

37 comments:

  1. What awesome and fun patterned papers and a great over-all design. I appreciate that you stopped by to share with us.
    Blessings & Hugs,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your lighthouse! Great design. Thank you for joining the TTCRD challenge, and good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw your projects on MIM. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia. Thanks for the lovely comments. I have been a follower of yours for quite a while now. Thanks for visiting. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs, Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely, thank you for joining in Rhedd and Rosie's challenge, good luck, Zoe DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. totally gorgeous and amazing!

    thanks so much for playing along with us at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Gloria, A great atmospheric card. The image goes so well with the backing papers and gives a very strong feel to it. Amazing. Have a great weekend. Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gloria this is a wonderful masculine creation and your son will treasure it as it definitely shows how much you care. This is so perfect for our CARING theme this month. Thanks for sharing your talent with us and good luck.
    Caring Hugs
    Desíre
    {Path of Positivity DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card and great sentiment.
    Thanks for joining us at Stamp n Doodle.
    xxx Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card.

    Thank you for joining us at Rhedd & Rosie Challenge Blog, hope we see you again.

    Moira DT.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome card! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at MIM!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great card for your son. TFS your creation at DCD this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous masculine card! Just love it! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gloria,
    What a great card, and so much work that went into it. The colors are perfect and a Lighthouse is always a winner.
    Thank you so much for posting your beautiful project with us this week, at “Word Art Wednesday”.
    Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for entering this lovely card in Rhedd and Rosie's challenge, good luck! Wendy DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card...Thanks for playing along with us at Divas by Design this week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This card is just lovely! I just adore the Nautical Theme and the papers & sentiments that you used.

    Thank you so much for playing along with the Stitchy Angels this week!

    Hugs,
    Chriss -DT-OSAAT
    www.chrissandlou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. great card. Thanks for joining us at inky Impressions!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great colorful nautical themed card! Love the DP with anchors and I like the touch of yellow behind the beautiful image of lighthouse and birds. With all the sentiments you've used on the inside, this card has such a lovely, personal feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful card with beautiful and meaningful sentiments added.
    Thank you for joining the Penny Black & More Dies and Punches challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great card! I love the diecut. Thanks for joining the Get Inky Challenge and the Whimsical Design challenge. Julie, DT member
    http://muddypawsinkyfingers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous card! I like the anchors in the background and I am a lighthouse lover!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. lovely card! Many thanks for entering the Rhedd and Rosie's Challenge and good luck! Melissa (DT) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a fantastic card.

    Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamp 'n' Doodle, the best of luck.

    Anne-Marie x x

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a gorgeous card you have made here. It fits our challenge this week well of “anything goes”. Thanks for taking part and good luck. Best wishes, Kym (Bearly Mine Challenge Blog Design Team)

    ReplyDelete
  26. A very beautiful summer birthday card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations this week,
    hugs
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love what you did with the Tommy papers and that stamp set! Great combination that I hadn't thought of.

    ReplyDelete
  28. A lovely card for a man's birthday! Great job! Thanks for joining us this week at Inky Impressions for our birthday challenge. Good luck in the draw!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous card and I love the extra effort with the inside. Thanks for joining us at Sister Act Card Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love your card !
    Is so cute !
    I love the colours and embelishments !

    Can you come to my blog to be a member ?Please .

    Crafty Hugs,
    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful card! Love the DP! I have to get some. Thanks so much for joining us at HobbyCutz.

    Hugz
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great card.

    Thanks for sharing at Hobbycutz this week.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Without a doubt you have to be one proud Mom. I think what your son and his family are doing is amazing, but yes, I'd miss them like crazy if I was you too. Your birthday card to him really summarizes what he means to you wonderfully. Thanks so much for sharing this I love how you used the twine in the buttons for a spooled item.

    Thank you so much for playing along with us at Top Tip Tuesday and sharing your talents with us!
    Hugs,
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a beautifully designed card. I LOVE that it's nautical without being RWB, such a fresh take on the theme. Thanks for joining in at Use It Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow, lovely. I really need to dig my cricut out again. I only have one cartridge though! LOl
    Thanks for joining in with us for our ‘spooled items’ challenge at Top Tip Tuesday
    Annette
    Netty's Cards
    Proud to design for :
    Top Tip Tuesday,
    ABC Christmas Challenge,
    As You Like It Challenge,
    The Stamp Basket, and
    Stamp Fairy.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Well Gloria, if this card doesn't project your love, pride and care for your son, nothing will! It must be difficult having all those feelings competing alongside the ones of worry and heartache that he and his family will be so far away. Hopefully you'll have at least a couple opportunities to wrap your arms around him before he heads off. Thanks so much for joining us again on this months Path of Positivity. It is always nice seeing what you come up with.

    Lisa D., Owner

    ReplyDelete
  37. I really love all the papers you have used, they're all fantastic! I would like to thank you for entering my 'C... is for challenge' blog and I wish you good luck in the draw.
    Hugs,
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete

Hi to all you wonderful bloggers!! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate your comments and support. I would love to have you as a member. Thanks so much. Hope you enjoy my blog. Gloria