Monday, January 13, 2014

Birthday Card For A Tri-Fold Shutter Card (Using Hunkydory Kinetic Card Kit)

Hi to all of you wonderful people out there in Blogland.  I hope you are having a fabulous 2014 so far.  I created my first card this year with a card kit I had purchased; just so I could try making this style of card.  I am glad I had it; because I needed a quick card for a friend's birthday and it worked out great.  

I have never purchased any card kits except those made by CTMH; so I wasn't sure if I would like it or not.  It was fairly easy; because all the pieces were already die cut for you.  Quick and easy. Very pretty too.  Another reason I bought it was because one of the cards is purple and another is pink. LOL!  I love everything purple and pink!  The pictures does not do this card justice at all.  It is a very pretty green color; but this picture is too light.  

I wanted to create one of these cards for quite a while; but I haven't had time.  So, I bought a card kit with four of these cards already precut; just to see how they looked.  I love this style of card and glad I bought this card kit.  It is very good when you need a quick card.  I created this one for my friend Sue.   Now I need to try to create one on my own.  LOL!

This paper is a beautiful soft green and silver with sparkles; which does not appear that way here.  Sorry.  I tried several times and I think the type of paper makes the light hit it; which then causes it to look lighter.






Supplies I used in creating this card:

Deco Kinetic Card Kit by Hunkydory Crafts - Decadent Days & Glamorous Nights
Ribbon - Offray
Foam Tape


I am entering this card in the following challenges:

Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Crafting By Designs - Birthday Challenge
Crafting By Designs - Anything Goes (2 of 5)
Make It Monday - Anything Goes
Inky Chicks - Anything Goes
LEJ Designs - Anything Goes (2 of 3)
Crafters Cafe - Anything Goes (2 of 3)
Creative Moments - Anything Goes (2 of 3)
Penny's Paper-Crafty - Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes
4 Krafty Girlz - Anything Goes
Delightful Challenges - Patterned Paper
DL.Art Thankful Thursday - Anything Goes
My Heart Pieces Digital Stamp Challenge - Anything Goes (2 of 3)
Card Makin Mamas - Anything Goes (2 of 2)
Crafty Hands Challenge Blog - Anything Goes (2 of 3)
Creative Fingers - Anything Goes
Jo's Scrap Shack - Anything Goes
Simply Create Too - Anything Goes
Stampin With The Dragon - Anything Goes
Sweet Pea Stampers - Anything Goes
Wags 'N Whiskers - Anything Goes
Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything Goes
Lacy Sunshine - Anything Goes (2 of 3)
Crafting For All Seasons - All Things Bright And Beautiful (1 of 3)
Diva's By Design - Let's Celebrate
Fab 'n Funky - Let's Celebrate
Inky Impressions - Something New (Card kit)
Scrapper's Delights - Let's Celebrate
Sisterhood of Crafters - Use A New Product (card kit)
Milk Coffee Challenge - Celebrations
Shelly's Images - Out With The Old, In With The New (Card kit)




January - National Paper-crafting Month 
Click above for more information







Cross Stitch Wishes


Click above to order SOTM.
Only $5 with a $50 purchase. 



Artwork Using January Stamp of the Month




New Videos

Artbooking Made Easy: Love Is In The Air





Click on CTMH Videos for more CTMH training videos.


Don't forget the Tutorials tab and the Videos Tab at the top for more ideas to create.

Click here for information on becoming a CTMH consultant for only $49.


Click here for Stamp of the Month.

Click here for current  Specials.


Click here for Kit of the Month Club and here for Rewards Club.  You will earn FREE CTMH products with both clubs.  Great way to save money and get what you want for FREE.


Don't forget to check out all of my You Tube Channel Videos that I have created. 






Thanks for my wonderful followers and customers too.  I am expecting a fabulous year in 2014.  I appreciate you stopping by and hope you will check my blog regularly for new creations.  It is always great to hear from you.  I love reading your comments.  If you leave your blog link; I will do my best to follow you as well. I am grateful for all my followers and love sharing our adventure together in Blogland.  Please text, email or call if you have questions or requests.  Have a fantastic week!  Hope to see you again real soon!





 Remember - Keep On Creating!!

It's Good For Your Health!! 







36 comments:

  1. Great card. Love the fold. Thanks for joining our Patterned Paper Challenge at Delightful Challenges.

    ~~Chris
    Design Team
    Delightful Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card. Thanks for playing with us at Divas this week x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fab design and gorgeous image! Thank you for playing along at Milk Coffee this challenge. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! Looks very elegant. Thank you for playing along with us at Scrapper's Delight Challenge Blog.

    Nadja DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really gorgeous creation. Spotted you over on Make it Monday and came for a closer look and I am so glad that I did.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really beautiful thanks for joining us at Stamping Dragon Sue DT x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely Hunkydory kinetic card you have made. Thanks for taking part in the Sweet Pea Stampers Challenge this fortnight of “anything goes” and best of luck. We hope to see you back again very soon. Best wishes, Kym, Sweet Pea Stampers Design Team xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card love the image and fab design.
    I popped over from MIM to take a closer look and I wasn't disappointed.
    Hugs Julie x.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Gloria, Gorgeous card and I love this design. Haven't done it for a while, so thanks for the inspiration to do it again. Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - this card is such a beauty! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Creative Fingers Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Gloria: Love your multi-fold card. Thanks for entering our Challenge #52 – “Anything Goes” at Simply Create Too. Why not visit us again this coming Friday for our new challenge too.

    Diane
    Simply Create Too Design Team Member
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so glad you joined in with the LEJ Designs Challenge Blogs first monthly challenge. This months theme is a nice easy one 'anything goes'.

    What a fantastic elegant card. I really love the fold and the gorgeous card panels you have used. The image is very classy and all of it looks beautiful.

    I hope you will visit us again and join in with many more of our future monthly challenges.

    <3 & hugs
    Lisa xxxx LEJ DT Organiser

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice mattes on all those folds. Your main image reminds me of the pictures on Vogue patterns in the 50's/ Very beautiful.
    It is delightful to see your wonderful art posted in this week’s creative challenge at Word Art Wednesday.
    Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing your lovely card for the Sweet Pea Stampers 'anything goes' challenge - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous card...Thanks for playing along with us at Divas by Design and Fab'n'Funky this week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card - love the fold and gorgeous image - thank you for playing along at Fab'n'Funky challenges this week hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super pretty card! Thank you for joining us at Inky Impressions Challenge this week. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous, Love the art deco girl. The colors are fab.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes January Linky Party. Have a great day and a Happy New Year
    DIANA L.
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a adorable card. Love your design. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Delightful Challenges. Denise

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gloria, I love the Shutter card. The papers are so elegant and classy! Very nicely done! Thanks for playing along with us here at Crafter's Cafe Challenge Blog!
    Hugz,
    Chana, DT Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! This is a terrific card! I love all the details. Simply wonderful. Thanks for sharing it with us at Make it Monday.

    Hugs,
    Rocio -DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. fantastic card! and so pretty with the tought of pink.
    thank you for joining at lacy sunshine challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is so my type of card both for the colours and the style. One of my resolutions this year is to create as many new folds for cards as possible and new techniques. I have tried cutting this card once before but when I closed it up it buckled. I think I was using card that was too thin so will be giving this one another go . Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW this is awesome Gloria! Love the fancy fold and choice of paper/image! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Out with the Old, In with the New’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm back with a different DT hat on but still LOVE this creation! Great job Gloria! Thanks so much for joining our "January – Out with the Old, In with the New" challenge at Shelly's Images! Please come back and join us again real soon!!
    Darlene
    Shelly's Images Store
    SHELLY’S IMAGES BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fantastic design! Thanks for joining at Lacy Sunshine: Anything Goes
    Hugs
    Dewi


    ReplyDelete
  27. Really elegant card! I might need to try some of those kits too.
    Thanks so much for sharing this at Creative Fingers. We hope to see you back very soon!
    hugs--
    Roberta
    Creative Fingers DT
    Queen Bee Paper Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely card. Thank you so much for coming over and joining in with our 5th Challenge 'Anything Goes' at CraftyHands Challenge Blog.

    Great Big Huge Hugs

    Becca xxx (DT Member)

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a fantastic card, Gloria! I love the elegant lady, and the shutter card is so clever!

    I'm now 'liking' you on Facebook, in case you wonder who this odd new person is lol!!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comments Mags. I appreciate the followers on Facebook. I need more there. Have a great weekend. Hugs, Gloria

      Delete
  30. Beautiful creation and lovely image used. Your design is very impressive. Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons and we hope to see you again soon...good luck in the challenge...luv aNNie [DT]

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great card! Thanks so much for sharing at Simply Create Too!

    Marja
    Simply Create Too DT

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi There, Thank you for being a follower of all things beautiful. Thought you’d like to know your project has been chosen to be showcased as my weekly fav on my Feature Friday post today! Thanks for being a follower and sharing with us. Amy A. @ all things beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy. I really appreciate that. I will check it out. I love all the wonderful challenges. Have a wonderful day! Hugs, Gloria

      Delete
  33. Wonderful Tri Shutter card, love the papers and the image is perfect. Thanks for sharing with us at CFAS, and good luck.
    Cindy DT

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beautiful Project. Thank you for joining us at Stamping Dragon Design. Hope to see you again.
    Marleen DTL

    ReplyDelete

Hi to all you wonderful bloggers!! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate your comments and support. I would love to have you as a member. Thanks so much. Hope you enjoy my blog. Gloria